Gates open at 8.00am. No anglers allowed on the fishery before this time.
Closing times (Spring/Summer 1st April - 31st September)
Tackle hire £10.00
Tuition/hr £30.00(£45 2 people)
Corporate events From £60 per person
- Barbless/de-barbed flies only - No Boobies.
- All brown trout to be returned.
- All fish over 4lb to be returned.
- x2 Flies Maximum.
- No rod sharing allowed.
- Catching or allocation of fish for other anglers in prohibited.
- NO "Teaching" or instruction other than by James.
- Please would all anglers fill in the returns book before leaving the fishery.
- Please do not leave tackle/bags around the lake when you are not fishing.
- Catch & Release is not limited, but common sense applies..!
- No spectators/guests are allowed at the lakeside, anglers with a valid ticket only. Wives or partners may use the lodge & seating area if accompanying anglers.
For the fishery to function on a catch & release basis it is essential that anglers follow a few simple guidelines set out below.
- NEVER take a fish out of the water for long periods, either in a net or by hand
- Try to ensure that the fish are touched as little as possible. If you are to handle this fish ensure that it is in the water and that you have wet hands
- Platforms have been constructed around the banks to enable anglers to get to the waters edge, please make use of them when releasing fish.
- Always ensure that leader/tippet material is strong enough to enable you to play the fish quickly and safely so that it can be unhooked without being too fatigued
- Monitor the fish after it has been released, if it looks as if it is not going to survive it must be killed quickly and humanely so that it is not allowed to go back to the water in poor condition.
We must ensure that we set a good example to other anglers and the general public alike and treat each trout with the respect that it deserves
These guidelines are to safeguard the stock and ensure that the fish remain in immaculate condition in which they were stocked.